Red light helmet is a device that uses red and infrared light to stimulate hair growth, improve brain function, reduce inflammation, and promote healing. Some of the benefits of red light helmet are:
- It can speed up healing and support the body’s systems by promoting healthy, energized cells, increasing collagen production, and improving circulation.
- It can reduce chronic inflammation in the central and peripheral nervous systems, which is associated with many neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and multiple sclerosis.
- It can slow neuronal death due to oxidative and nitrosative stress and help boost cellular health so that neurons are better able to protect themselves against any recurring stressors.
- It can improve hair growth and thickness by increasing blood flow to the scalp and stimulating hair follicles.
- It can improve skin appearance and reduce signs of aging by smoothing wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet.
Some of the disadvantages of red light helmet are:
- It can be expensive and not covered by insurance.
- It can cause eye damage if not used properly or with protective eyewear.
- It can have variable results depending on the individual’s condition, skin type, and frequency of use.
- It can interact with some medications or supplements that increase photosensitivity.
Content retrieved from: https://www.lighttherapyred.com/knowledges/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-red-light-helmet.html.